We are looking to recruit a Product Owner based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
To maximise the value of the products created by a scrum development team through the ability to be a business strategist, product designer, market analyst, customer liaison and project manager.
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work with the charity’s IT Team reporting to our Delivery Manager.
- To communicate with all stakeholders to make sure goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- To ensure the team maintains a cohesive vision despite the flexible and often fast-paced nature of agile product development.
- To create product development roadmaps to be used as a strategic guide for stakeholders to reference as well as a plan for execution.
- To create and update the list of backlog items and prioritise based on the overall strategy and business objectives.
- To map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development.
- To help in managing the triangle of scope, budget and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders.
Experience and knowledge
- Working in a client focused environment
- Managing complex queries
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Understanding of the different roles and responsibilities within the Scrum framework
Skills and abilities
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to articulate complex issues to both technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to strict deadlines and to react to changing demands in a positive manner
- Disciplined with good planning and organisation skills
As part of this role you’ll be required to
- Adherence to and awareness of all relevant internal and external policies, procedures and regulations.
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »