BI Data Warehouse Architect
We are looking to recruit a BI Data Warehouse Architect based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work with the charity’s Data Team reporting to our Data Manager to evolve the charity’s Data capability through the design, build and maintenance of the data warehouse, whilst coordinating and providing the technical knowledge transfer to a team of BI developers.
- Manage the architecture, design, development and delivery of major new elements and enhancements to the data warehouse.
- Setting and implementing data warehouse strategy, standards and processes to align with the charity's IT and business intelligence strategy.
- Governance of data warehouse processes and data in line with regulatory requirements and charity policies
- Create new and maintain existing ETL processes and reporting outputs using the Microsoft SQL Server stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Design and build new data marts to meet requirements
- Provide technical leadership to BI Developers, including mentoring and coaching to support and encourage their learning and development
Experience and knowledge
- Expert and proven knowledge of Data Warehouse design techniques
- Experience of dimensional modelling and ETL best practice (Kimball Methodology preferred)
- Excellent SQL Server skills: T-SQL, DTS/SSIS, SSAS/OLAP
- Proficient in use of SSRS
- Strong understanding and experience of both waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Experience in constructing complex data marts
Skills and abilities
- Effective planning and prioritisation of workload to deliver against tactical and strategic goals
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to all levels of the organisation
- Ability to motivate, mentor and coach colleagues
- Able to build and maintain a positive and productive relationships with all role levels across multiple functions
- Ability to convey technical and specialist knowledge to meet the needs of the audience
- Ability to analyse data and draw conclusions
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »