Debt Advisor (Leeds Debt Advice)
We are looking to recruit Debt Advisors for a rewarding and dynamic role at our Leeds City Centre Office. With this role you would become a part of the UK’S largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people resolve problems, repay debts and rebuild lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and across our 25 year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
This is an exciting time to join our Debt Advice team as following the last five years of sustained growth, we’re working on an ambitious three year transformation journey which will see us changing the way we work, helping us to help even more people become debt free.
How you’ll help
You’ll support and advise clients on the most suitable solutions to their circumstances (doing so by phone or online), giving empathy and creating a rapport while retaining an objective and realistic approach. You’ll need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, along with the ability to quickly analyse and react to complex problems, recommending the most suitable solutions.
Our training academy
The start date for this role will be 18th February 2019. To give you the best possible start you’ll spend your first six weeks in a training academy, giving you the skills and knowledge you’ll need to be able to help our clients.
The six weeks you spend in a training academy are crucial therefore you will need to be available to attend the whole duration.
What we’re looking for
At StepChange we are striving towards creating a society free from problem debt.
If you’d like to help us realise our vision, you should demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to show empathy and build rapport
- Customer service experience
- Resilience with the ability to deal with difficult situations
- A positive attitude and experience of being a good team player
- Problem solving and influencing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Experience of working towards targets or deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and the role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
In return for your hard work and commitment your starting salary will be £20155 per year. Shift Patterns Monday - Friday between 9.30am- 7.30pm and every Saturday 10.30am -3.30pm
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »