Head of Information Security Risk
Role: Head of Information Security Risk
We are looking to recruit a Head of Information Security Risk in an exciting new leadership role in our Risk and Compliance Department based at our Leeds City centre office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve problems, repay debts and rebuild lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25 year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Following the last five years of sustained growth, we’re working on an ambitious three year transformation journey which will see us changing the way we work, helping us to help even more people become debt free.
What you will be doing
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would lead the charity’s risk management function reporting to our Director of Risk and Compliance. Your role will be to lead the team with a focus on maintaining and enhancing the charity’s risk management strategy and framework across all categories of risk. You will provide leadership, oversight, guidance and challenge on the identification, control and effective management of information security, operational and business continuity risks across StepChange.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Overall responsibility for the charity’s risk management framework, policies, processes and systems across all risk categories.
- Lead the enhancement of the extant risk management framework, policies and procedures (meeting all regulatory requirements).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders with key stakeholders across the charity, its group entities, 3rd parties, suppliers, regulators and professional bodies.
- Working with charity’s senior leadership group in embedding a risk culture focused to help the charity achieve its strategic objectives.
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of your team
You will need to demonstrate a proven track record in leadership within a risk/compliance environment. Ideally educated to degree level (in a relevant discipline), with relevant information security (CISM/P) or risk management qualification and experience of implementing/maintaining ISO27001 certified management system.
You will need to be:
- A confident leader with strong communication/influencing skills
- Proven leadership experience in a fast paced commercial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a pragmatic approach
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »