Service Support Engineer
Service Support Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Service Support Engineer based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
To provide 2nd line I.T support services across the charity, utilising a range of technical knowledge as well as excellent customer service skills.
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work with the charity’s Service Desk Team reporting to our Service Desk Manager.
- Capturing full details of every issue or request through intelligent questioning and system diagnosis
- Based on information capture assess and allocate relevant priority level and categorisation
- Provide technical advice on range of technical services such as Windows, MSOffice, Telephony, E-mail
- Fulfil a range of service and I.T. administration requests such as; software installs, hardware (PC) installs, permission changes, group policy changes, new starter set-up and other staff moves
- Image, build and restore, PCs using latest toolsets and technologies including Windows Deployment Services and Symantec Ghost
- Use Windows Server 2003/2008 to troubleshoot, diagnose and escalate infrastructure issues, escalate to 3rd line where necessary
Experience and knowledge
- MCSA (Microsoft Certificate in Service Administration) or equivalent
- basic Windows 2003 Server knowledge
- good understanding of Active Directory, including Group Policies
- technical knowledge and understanding of Windows desktop environment (specifically Windows 7) and specific technical skills in Windows Active Directory
- excellent understanding of standard Windows desktop applications i.e. Office, Outlook etc
- good technical knowledge, with at least 2 years of experience in an IT Service Desk/Helpdesk role
- ITIL v3 foundation (desirable)
Skills and abilities
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- diplomatic but assertive and determined to see the job through
- ability to clarify the true nature of a problem through questioning users and using a logical approach
- ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- ability to learn and adapt, applying technical information in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- able to follow policies and procedures, demonstrate excellent attention to detail
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »