We are looking to recruit a Case Handler (Known internally as caseworker) in a dynamic role based at our Leeds City Centre office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work with the charity’s Voluntary Arrangements Supervisory team reporting to our Operations Manager.
- To effectively analyse the information, prioritise debts and develop realistic budgets that fully reflect the client’s circumstances and ability to maintain their IVA.
- Negotiate with clients to minimise any decreases in their deposits and to take any appropriate action to amend deposits and payouts to creditors as appropriate in accordance with VA policy.
- To review client payment profiles taking appropriate action (including failure) where clients persistently miss payments, referring cases to the IP and using the relevant sections of IVA legislation as a guide when managing individual cases
- To answer enquires from clients and creditors over the telephone, via email and in writing
- To maintain accurate computer records and paper files in line with VA procedures and in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Adherence to FCC’s policies and procedures
Skills and abilities
- A working knowledge of MS Word is required and the ability to use e-mail (MS Outlook)
- The ability to quickly analyse complex problems and provide easily understood solutions.
- Excellent communication skills are required along with the ability to negotiate effectively with third parties.
- Must have the ability to empathise with clients whilst retaining an objective and realistic approach to individual circumstances.
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »