BI Data Analyst
We are looking to recruit a BI Data Analyst based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
Collects, evaluates, and prepares research and/or other complex statistical data for the Business Information (BI) team, Senior Management Team, all departmental management teams and external customers. Prepares statistical and narrative reports and where appropriate draws conclusions and makes recommendations. Participates in the analysis and interpretation of data as appropriate. Develops, maintains, and ensures quality control of statistical information and may assist in development and implementation of measurement systems
- Ensure the provision of regular and timely reports (often daily) with analysis where appropriate, to the management team and other internal/external customers
- Supplies non-routine business information to support key business activities and strategic progression
- Collates,verifies and cleans datasets (often large and complex), to ensure integrity is maintained and contentious issues are addressed
- Analyses,interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reporting
- Develops methods for the evaluation and quality control of operational data.
- Support the B.I. function by undertaking research projects
Experience and knowledge
- Excel Level 1 Learn Direct of equivalent
- experience in creating MI reports/dashboards to requirements
- experience of working within an MI function
- educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerical discipline but not essential (desirable)
- Excel Level 2 Learn Direct (desirable)
Skills and abilities
- highly numerate
- ability to analyse data and draw conclusions
- conveys complex pieces of information to the business in an easily understandable format, to meet the needs of the audience
- ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- experience of planning and facilitating meetings with contacts at all levels within the organisation, including senior management
- ability to organise own workload on a day to day basis and to recognise higher priorities and manage them accordingly
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »