Client Asset Management Associate
We are looking to recruit a Client Asset Management Associate in a dynamic role based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt
What you will be doing
To support the Charity in relation to its client money functions including allocation of client/creditor receipts, disbursement of client funds as well as other related processes.
- Process manual and automated client/creditor deposits to the charity, ensuring disbursement activities take place within pre-defined regulatory FCA CASS expectations
- To work daily exceptions and unallocated deposits (including historical transactions) ensuring that steps are always taken to disburse within pre-defined regulatory FCA CASS expectations
- Process refunds (including historical uncashed refunds) ensuring these are processed daily, ensuring that BACS transfers are promoted where possible
- Support all aspects of the disbursement process ensuring that predefined and approved processes are adhered to and any risks or errors are immediately reported to management
- To ensure that held debts/funds are processed and managed within agreed timescales and the appropriate action is taken for each
- To maintain and process accurate records for clients and creditors by processing BACS and departmental reports/alerts in a timely manner
Experience and knowledge
- Previous transactional/financial processing experience
- Literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of BACS or Direct Debit processes (desirable)
- Knowledge of CASS 11 rules and expectations (desirable)
- Knowledge of AML processes (desirable)
Skills and abilities
- Highly numerate and skilled in accurate data entry, with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Problem solving using own initiative
- Excellent communication
- Good team player
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude towards change
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29),plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »