The Culture Manager is role is critical role that supports the embedding of our four-year strategy through our colleagues at the charity. As we are currently undergoing significant cultural and transformational change, as part of a large-scale change programme, this role is fundamental to our colleague engagement plan.
This is a brand-new role and as the Culture Manager you will be responsible for designing the planning, development and delivery of our culture and engagement plans.
You will work closely with our Senior Leadership teams to define our culture and deliver our engagement plans through our colleagues to help drive increased levels of colleague engagement
This includes working with our teams to ensure all our plans and related activity are coordinated, that the key messages are consistent, timely and accessible across all our functions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role the Culture Manager is responsible for the definition and development of the Stepchange Culture and the delivery of solutions and initiatives to build and support the culture. All the associated objectives of which are aligned to support the achievement of the charity’s four-year strategy.
As Culture Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Support the development and delivery of various internal events. These will include scoping out an annual calendar of activities across all directorates, such as our colleague engagement survey, yearly events and activity.
- Deliver internal events, conferences, roadshows, recognition and celebratory events
- Working with our Internal Communications team to manage our industry awards submissions
- Provide clear and concise briefings, through analysis and reporting on complex issues to our colleagues and senior leadership team
- Develop and manage an engagement budget
- Deliver workshops to ensure the wider organisation understands the scope of the engagement and what information and support is required to deliver an effective culture programme.
- Support the delivery of the strategy through a phased approach and ensuring it meets the needs of the organisation.
- Act as an external ambassador of the charity to develop relationships with external key stakeholders and partners to ensure buy-in.
- Develop effective relationships internally working closely with colleagues in External Affairs, Marketing, Charity Development and HR to ensure regular sharing of best practice and information.
- Working effectively through other teams/people to deliver planned initiatives related to defining our culture and improving our colleague engagement
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of working within communications/ engagement in client or customer facing organisation preferably in a Contact Centre environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and trust at all levels in the charity
- Experience of managing events, from initial brief through to post event evaluation.
- Successful track record of implementing innovative and interactive solutions in community engagement and response across a diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to interpret and respond to changing landscapes by understanding and communicating complex issues with clarity and insight
Skills and abilities
- Robust under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines
- High level communication skills and a proven track record in networking
- Being an ambassador for our values both internally in the charity and externally
- Excellent written communications, verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience of designing and developing innovative and interactive communication and engagement channels.
- Experience of delivering community engagement in a fast paced, high profile and challenging environment.
- Ability to develop and deliver difficult messages to highly sensitive audiences.
- Broad understanding of engagement tools and techniques
- High level of commercial focus
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »