We are looking to recruit a Data Analyst based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
To understand and translate the charity’s conceptual data model and data requirements. To work with specialist teams to define and document the charity’s logical data models, based on agreed conceptual data models and data requirements. To map the charity’s data landscape, including point of capture, mappings and transformations. To work with project teams and Systems Architect in identifying and documenting solutions to fulfil data requirements. Support specialist teams in identification and documentation of data migration strategies. Support specialist teams in identification and documentation of data quality measurement and control strategies
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work with the charity’s IT Team.
- Work with SME’s to understand and document the charity’s data landscape; detailing source, destination and transformations taking place
- Support in defining, reviewing and amending data landscape related documentation along with templates used
- Support Systems Architect in data related aspects of Systems Architecture Documents for changes and projects
- Work closely with Change Department to understand the work on defining the charity’s conceptual data model and data requirements and translate into Architecture Repository
- Work with stakeholders in Change Department to keep abreast of the work on business processes in order to understand where and how data is used
- Produce logical data models to be used by delivery teams to deliver a data solution that satisfies the conceptual data model and data requirements
Experience and knowledge
- working knowledge of relational databases and TSQL
- knowledge of database design principles
- UML, ERM or similarly structured data modelling technique (desirable)
- previous experience of large scale development projects with a data emphasis (desirable)
Skills and abilities
- methodical and organised with good time management ability
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to articulate and justify ideas
- strong analytical skills
- good interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »