We are looking to recruit a Data Verifier in and exciting role based at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 650,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 26-year history we’ve helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free.
Right now, we’re working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work with the Charity's Plan Activations teams reporting to our Plan Activations Team Leader.
- Log paperwork received from clients and scan accurately into the system
- Process paperwork received by clients checking that their signed agreement has been received, along with account numbers for each of their debts
- Check the client’s proof of income matches the amount given during the debt advice session. Calculate the client’s income where required
- Complete a ‘Know Your Client’ anti-money laundering check and/or request relevant missing information from client prove ID or address if required
- If the income cannot be verified call the client to discuss the differences in the budget and proof of income. Update the budget where required and agree the new monthly payment amount with the client. Confirm the term of their plan if this change
- Refer exceptions such as income verification outside the parameters, priority debts on the list of creditors, arrears with priority expenditure, multiple budget changes and complex debt collection questions to a Debt Advisor
Experience and knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Planning and organisational skills
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong communication and telephone skills
Skills and abilities
- Must have working knowledge of MS Word
- Telephone and/or face to face customer service experience
- Experience of MS Outlook or similar would be advantageous (desirable)
- Good understanding of processes and being able to identify when issues are outside remit (desirable)
- Telephone experience and confident telephone manner (desirable)
Our training academy
The start date for this role will be 6th January 2020. To give you the best possible start you’ll spend your first three weeks in a training academy, giving you the skills and knowledge, you’ll need to be able to help our clients.
The three weeks you spend in a training academy are crucial therefore you will need to be available to attend the whole duration.
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- he ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »