Financial Solutions Case Handler
We are looking for an experienced Case Handler to join a small Mortgage and Equity Release specialist team at StepChange Debt Charity in central Leeds.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of casework management, or an understanding of dealing with mortgage caseloads from application to completion.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity that will give an ambitious individual the ability to work with a reputable, award-winning firm supporting clients nationwide, including those that may be of a vulnerable nature. You will provide expert support by working with colleagues and third parties to help clients achieve their mortgage objectives.
Starting at £22,000 dependent on experience
Where you’ll work:
This will be a hybrid role, working both from home and our Leeds office, with a current requirement to be in the office a minimum of 2 days per month. Case handlers work 35 hours a week
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous case handling experience/history of effectively managing own work loads
- Positive and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team and on an individual basis
- Flexible approach to tasks and required duties
- Client focused outlook
- Strong written and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group Company Life Assurance
- Westfield Health cash plan with employee discounts in high street shops
- Vitality at Work health and wellbeing
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to financial planning and advice
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Family friendly pay, pre-adoption/fertility/surrogacy pay, post-adoption pay
- Long service awards
Equality, diversity, and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are incredibly important to us; we have a culture of belonging. We’re always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce to ensure we can provide the best service possible for everyone. It’s not just about the professional experience you bring – we’re interested in who you are and your potential. If there’s an adjustment to our recruitment process that would help you to be your best, speak to our team and they’ll be happy to help.
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »