Financial Solutions Support Team Leader
Financial Solutions Support Team Leader
StepChange Debt Charity is the UK’s largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions, helping 620,000 people a year resolve problems, repay debts and rebuild lives. We employ 1,500 colleagues and across our 25 year history we’ve helped millions of people to become debt free.
Following the last five years of sustained growth, we’re embarking on an ambitious four year transformation journey which will see us transforming the way we work, and help us to help even more people.
Our Financial Solutions area supports in delivering the UK's only charity-operated mortgage and equity release advice service.
Right now we are looking for a Team Leader to join our support team in Leeds city centre.
You will be responsible for managing and developing a team of approximately 10 advisors, providing an efficient and effective service capable of meeting the demands of our clients, creditors and internal colleagues. Performance management will be a significant part of the role and you will be required to coach, mentor and support the team to ensure the highest standards of accuracy and quality in order to achieve targets and objectives.
Working here is rewarding as you’re not just doing a job, you’re making a genuine positive difference to people when they need it most.
- Provide a point of technical reference in relation to Mortgage & Equity Release products and processes.
- Proactively manage the number of client appointments booked to ensure appropriate referrals are being made to the Financial Solutions team. Identify and coach on incorrect referrals.
- Capture, maintain and report management information to support the Financial Solutions service.
- Continually review and challenge processes and procedures. Implement and monitor outcomes.
- Complete monthly quality monitoring, feedback and coaching of Debt Advisors to ensure that quality standards are achieved.
- Adopt the Charities communication strategy by completing competency and objective focussed monthly and annual reviews with the Debt Advisor’s. Manage their performance and provide development instigating Personal Improvement Plan activities when required.
- Develop and use reward and recognition ideas to motivate and encourage high performing teams.
- Undertake own self development by keeping up to date with changes in advice and legislation, department policies and procedures and all internal practices in order to provide your team and clients with accurate information
Experience and knowledge
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice & Practice (CeMAP) and Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) or relevant experience within a regulatory environment.
- Experience of managing or supervising in a customer service/mortgage function
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA Regulatory Policies and Procedures
- A good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to direct and motivate staff to meet fluctuating levels of demand in a busy office environment
- Setting objectives and regularly reviewing performance
- Familiarity with money laundering regulations (desirable)
- Familiarity with the administrative functions associated with the mortgage or equity release industry (desirable)
Skills and abilities
- Coaching skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Analyse problems and provide effective solutions
- Organised with ability to work under pressure
- Actively participates in continual personal development
- Team player
- Customer service focused
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Interviews will be running W/C 3rd June.
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »