Here at StepChange Debt Charity we provide a range of practical and effective services to help our clients get their finances back in shape and their lives back on track. This is what makes us the UK`s leading provider of life-changing debt solutions.
Working here is rewarding as you are not just doing a job, you are making a genuine positive difference to people when they need it most.
We are looking for a Payroll Technician to join our Finance function. You will provide support as part of the Payroll Services team to ensure that monthly salaries, pensions and expenses are processed.
The role involves;
- Assessing and importing employee changes including new starters, leavers, amendments to contracts and personal details.
- Calculating pay amendments and processing statutory and company entitlements to sick and maternity pay etc.
- Support the administration of the company benefit schemes, including season ticket loans, holiday purchase etc.
- Assist in the review and balance of the month end payroll as well as take part in month end reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring the payroll services inbox, categorising emails and responding to enquiries either by phone or face to face.
- Support colleagues to access E-payslips and assisting with resolving any issues arising.
- Maintenance of payroll records and spreadsheets.
- Facilitating employee pension workshops and liaising with external consultants.
- We’re looking for experience of working within a payroll department for an organisation of 750 plus employees with up to date knowledge of HMRC regulations, rates and allowances.
- You will be highly numerate and capable of meeting strict deadlines. Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be dealing with queries from colleagues, HMRC, pension providers.
Some of our key benefits include:
Generous holiday entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work, annual discretionary bonus, assisted study, contributory group personal pension plan, health cash plan and above all we’re a great place to work, come see for yourself.
As part of StepChange debt charity’s pre-employment checks, we will check your details with/against fraud protection databases. Should our investigations identify fraud or the commission of any other criminal offences by you (on your part) when applying for, or during the course of your (employment or duties) with us, we will record the details of this on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and by us and other organisations to prevent fraud.
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »