We are looking to recruit an experienced HR People Partner. The primary focus of the role is to work closely with our Heads of Department and Leadership teams to build capabilities, plan and manage talent, and develop our approaches that achieve shared organisational objectives. You’ll need to be an effective influencer, have excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to maintain consistency in everything the charity does. In addition you will need to bring your experience to manage complex ER matters and support the development of effective policy, process, and organisational culture management.
What you will be doing
You will play a key part in partnering with Heads of Departments and our senior managers to support the build and delivery of our people plans for specific areas of the charity. To lead and have absolute clarity on all HR activity in areas of your responsibility, drive changes to ensure the most effective use of our people resource, monitor and report on all value added activities. You need to be able to build effective and collaborative relationships with key charity stakeholders as well as with the HR team.
- People management of our HR Advisors and be the escalation point for those complex people related issues and policy advice queries
- Support all HR cyclical activity (e.g. employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, learning and development, people analytics, resourcing, reward, performance management, talent management) across your specific functional areas ensuring that tangible actions are agreed, delivered and that the success measures are defined and clearly measured
- Work together with our HR Advisors to ensure we have a consistent approach across all the charity, whilst ensuring that case activity is managed in a timely fashion.
- Manage the organisational design activities across the specific functional areas in conjunction with the Leadership teams.
- Lead on specific people projects/goals that deliver tangible improvements to ensure effectiveness of the people service we provide and embed
Experience and knowledge (essential)
- Degree educated (or equivalent) with significant experience of working in a fast paced Human Resources team
- CIPD Level 7 qualification or MCIPD qualified (desirable)
- A thorough understanding of employment law, reward, HR analytics, organisational design, recruitment, learning and development, talent management and HR policy.
- Proven track record in building strong relationships and partnering skills, coupled with the confidence to challenge the status quo and to recommend/deliver changes in the ways of working
- Experience of managing change and implementing new initiatives
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and be well organised with a strong attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy
Skills and abilities
- Articulate in demonstrating experience in methodologies and best practice in business partnering
- Ability to act as a critical thinker, finding practical solutions to complex people challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to input to decision making within the leadership stakeholder group and to provide constructive challenge
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Due to the pandemic this role is currently home working. Moving forward it is likely to be office based with flexibility for partial homeworking opportunities, subject to COVID-19 restrictions in place.
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »