Senior Business Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our team, based in Leeds City Centre. The right candidate will have significant experience in this field of work, solid experience of working in an agile and waterfall methodology, with excellent stakeholder management and communications skills. You will need a solid understanding and the ability to use, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint MS Office, coupled with advanced knowledge of process mapping techniques and process mapping software. ISEB / BCS or similar qualification (desirable).
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for working collaboratively with Product Owners and delivery teams to fully understand the system requirements and to collaborate on solutions to enable the charity to achieve its strategic objectives. To mentor and provide support, coaching, and guidance to existing and new members of the team. Lead on new initiatives and drive forward quality and best practices.
- Lead workshops with internal and/or external stakeholders to ensure accurate elicitation of requirements.
- Support the team in the delivery of business analysis across the product teams.
- Critically evaluate and analyse information gathered from multiple sources to ensure requirements are complete and unambiguous.
- Understand business processes and business requirements, translating them into artefacts such as functional spec / user stories.
- Be a strong advocate for the development of team priorities, challenge and push back on scope creep and negotiate timelines with Product Owner, Delivery Manager and/or Project Manager.
- Support the implementation of a consistent, structured, and practical framework for the Business Analysis team, that supports efficient and effective delivery.
Experience and knowledge
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Track record in planning activities and coordinating resources to achieve an outcome
- Extensive proven experience in business analysis techniques, analysing data, modelling processes, drawing conclusions, and presenting information clearly
- Understanding of waterfall and agile project management frameworks
- Proven experience mentoring, coaching, and upskilling team members.
- Experience working in a Pega Business Architect role (desirable).
Skills and abilities
- A proven track record of having worked as a Senior Business Analyst
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey and document technical information clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to meet numerous competing deadlines.
- Ability to build strong teams, work independently or with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- A confident and flexible individual who can take responsibility for driving initiatives forward to success.
We value our colleagues
We don’t just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
We see our values brought to life everyday through the work we do to support people with problem debt and, through our success in campaigning for policy changes to protect people both in or at risk of problem debt. We make change happen every day.
- We are committed to our clients
- We make change happen
- We work together
Due to the pandemic this role is currently home working, moving forward it is likely to require some office-based time for internal or external meetings.
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »