Senior Database Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Database Administrator to join our Delivery Team. The role will be responsible for managing a DBA team and the provision of technical guidance and visible leadership across the Database Services, administration, and maintenance teams. You will play a key role formulating the DBA plan and identify and understand key drivers of future change ensuring the IT requirements align with the strategy and long-term plans of the charity.
What you will be doing
Manage a team of experts and ensure regular quality and performance monitoring is in place, delivering recognition or taking appropriate remedial action where appropriate. Provide technical leadership, including coaching and development of staff and working with senior technical colleagues to develop appropriate and evolving technical strategies and approaches
- Responsible for maintenance and security of all Systems data, delivering optimum availability, security (including data backups), and performance
- Resolving live incidents through the structured diagnosis and application of acceptable workarounds or permanent fixes
- Manage workload across reactive live support work, database administration and proactive improvement work
- Maintain maximum availability and security of production databases through in depth database administration skills, including backup and recovery, security, replication, performance monitoring, optimisation/tuning and disaster recovery
- Working with DBA development team, to ensure good database design and practice is incorporated into new projects or change requests
- Assist in performance testing initiatives and apply database tuning expertise to improve system performance
- Ensure the maintainability of the database servers by implementing best practice standards, procedures and techniques
Experience and knowledge
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) in SQL 2008+ either Administration or Development
- Bes practices in implementing database objects in relation to providing flexibility, security and performance
- Experience of supporting complex and distributed databases uses Microsoft SQL server 200/2005 or 2008 in production and development environments
- Experience of writing migration or SQL scripts SQL 2005/2008
- Experience of implementing SQL Servers best practice for performance, reliability, maintainability and recoverability
- Self-motivated, proactive and ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Coaching and mentoring skills (desirable)
Our office is a collaborative, vibrant and creative environment. We have an amazing team who are our biggest asset – they’re passionate, curious, original thinkers, making our business a truly unique place to work.
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »