Do you have a passion for technology and its application to business challenges? Do you have a strong technical experience coupled with demonstratable understanding of data, applications, and infrastructure? If so, then this may be the role for you.
We are recruiting for 2 experienced Solutions Architects to join our team, reporting into the Lead Solutions Architect. The right candidate will have extensive experience in defining and implementing architecture led solutions and will play a key part in enhancing and developing the solution architecture capability within StepChange Technology Services. To be successful in this role you will need a sound knowledge and a level of expertise to help in supporting the definition and delivery of strategic technological change for the charity through effective architectural thinking and practice.
- Produce and own solution designs that meet standards, deliver on requirements, offer value for money, are supportable, and align with charity objectives
- Provide expertise, advice and support on technical matters and feasibility to projects during inception and requirements gathering
- Serve as the architectural lead on projects, providing technical guidance and support to delivery teams through the project lifecycle
- Collaborate to identify overlaps or conflict within on-going projects and resolve as necessary
- Communicate, present, and justify solutions to stakeholders at all levels to ensure understanding and buy-in
- Creation of architectural artefacts and solutions that are in alignment with the charity’s needs.
Experience and knowledge
- Extensive experience in defining and implementing architecture led solutions
- Knowledge that extends across the data, application and infrastructure domains associated with solution design.
- Experience of application design principles
- Experience leading large-scale development projects in an architectural role
- Experience of working across the development life cycle (desirable)
- TOGAF Certified (or equivalent architecture related certifications)
- UML, ArchiMate, EA Sparx or similar structure modelling techniques and tools
Skills and abilities
- Use of skills, experience, and expertise to inform and guide technical decision making and quality solution design.
- You will have an approachable nature and delight in collaboration and building relationships across the charity.
- Mindful of financial realities and the imperative of making sound and justified commercial decisions
- Have a can-do attitude and a commitment to support the charity in achieving its objectives and supporting our clients
We see our values brought to life everyday through the work we do to support people with problem debt and, through our success in campaigning for policy changes to protect people both in or at risk of problem debt. We make change happen every day.
- We are committed to our clients
- We make change happen
- We work together
This role offers home working, with some office-based time for internal or external meetings, subject to COVID-19 restrictions in place.
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »