Sustainability & Facilities Manager
We are looking to recruit a Sustainability & Facilities Manager in an exciting role based at our office in Leeds. This role will be responsible for supporting the implementation of our environmental, social and governance strategy. This includes developing and delivering a sustainability plan to identify opportunities to become net zero, analysing energy consumption and carbon emissions to reduce costs, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements, and providing leadership to direct reports.
Additionally, the role involves managing the estates portfolio to ensure legal and regulatory responsibilities are met, gaining value for money in facility management and budgetary monitoring.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the Head of Estates, Sustainability & Safety with the implementation of the ESG strategy, with particular focus on the environmental aspect,
- Work collaboratively across all functions,
- Drive analysis of energy consumption and carbon emissions,
- Ensure the charity is compliant with legislative requirements,
- Deliver first class leadership to direct reports, pioneering an innovative high-performance culture,
- To act as the main point of contact for internal stakeholders helping to maintain and develop relationships,
- Ensure that the management of the facilities portfolio is compliant with the charity’s legal and regulatory responsibilities,
- Work in partnerships with the Procurement Manager to create and maintain a preferred supplier process,
- Responsibility for budgetary monitoring,
- Support the Health and Safety Manager in identifying key risks.
Full details are available in the attached role profile.
What you’ll bring:
- Able to demonstrate experience in a similar environmental/facilities management role with significant management experience,
- Proven knowledge of driving sustainability in an office environment,
- Direct experience in a fast-paced working environment, managing priorities and stakeholders,
- Ability to demonstrate industry knowledge and current workplace trends,
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel and Outlook,
- Able to establish and maintain record systems including data management for internal reports and audit purposes,
- IEMA Certification in Environmental Management/MIEMA,
- Holder of a level 5 IWFM diploma qualification or above,
- Knowledge of H&S legislation in respect of facilities management,
- Skilled in the use of online task related reporting platforms (desirable).
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Hybrid working– with IT equipment provided when you’re working from home
- A personal career plan and ongoing training and development and support with role-related professional subscriptions and qualifications
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group Company Life Assurance
- Westfield Health cash plan with employee discounts in high street shops
- Vitality at Work health and wellbeing
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to financial planning and advice
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Long service awards
- Free hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) in the office
Equality, diversity, and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are incredibly important to us; we have a culture of belonging. We’re always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce to ensure we can provide the best service possible for everyone. It’s not just about the professional experience you bring – we’re interested in who you are and your potential. If there’s an adjustment to our recruitment process that would help you to be your best, speak to our team and they’ll be happy to help.
Register for job alerts
Find out when we're hiring first.
Register for job alerts and we'll tell you when your perfect job comes up.Sign up now »
We'd also welcome a speculative application if you think you'd fit in with our team.Send an application here »